Check out this game if: you like fast paced, quick thinking, clever group games.
This game stands out because: it uses language, symbols and quick thinking. If you like word games (not spelling specifically), you should check this one out.
1. No downtime -a newly drawn card by any player can effect anyone else.
2. This game lends to/teaches quick and unique thinking.
3. The constant anticipation in this game is exciting.
4. Plays better with more people (but still good with 4).
5. Game moves very quickly.
6. Because you’re racing to answer first, someone often says something silly (but it’s fun because everyone does).
1. Some people are just better at this kind of game, if you never get an answer you may not enjoy playing this game.
2. The anticipation is exciting, but for some its nerve-wracking.
In this game, an active player draws a card, flips it over, and puts it in front of them. Once flipped over, this card will show two things -one of 6 symbols and a catagory word. If the symbol matches any other player’s symbol, you race to name something from the category of their word.
This race for naming something within a catagory is fun, but it gets even more fun when one player gives up their card (because the chalanging player named something faster) and giving up their card reveils another card which can also match another player’s symbol.
Game ends when you’ve either gone through a deck or someone has a pre-determined number of point cards.
There is an original version and a party version for this game -both are fine for your family or friends. There are also some mini packs you can add to the base game, but they are not necessary and may be hard to find.
The game comes with a few different decks of cards, take one of the decks that you will not be using for the current game and show everyone what the cards look like. Next, physically start putting cards in front of players (in turn order) and explain what happens when the symbols on the card match. Lastly, but importantly, explain that loosing a card can cause another match.
|Number of Players||3-6|
|Inclusive (no elimination)||★★★★☆|
Link to Tutorial on YouTube.
Link to Anomia on Amazon