Check out this game if: you’re looking for a game that kids will love, but they probably won’t be able to play it on their own.
This game stands out because: this game has a couple really unique mechanics that kids love. Hiding gems and rolling balls down a hill, kids love it.
1. Every kid I have taught this game to loves it.
2. it’s hard not to get excited when the kids are getting excited.
3. Everyone gets a reward almost every round, but getting the correct reward for your plan is harder.
4. Because there are rewards every round, the game moves quickly.
5. Winning and losing are not big deals in this game (which is good for competitive kids).
6. The rules are just complex enough that kids will want an adult to play with them.
1. The rules are just complex enough that kids will want an adult to play with them (this can be good or bad).
2. The silly puddy doesn’t stick to smooth surfaces, but it will make a mess if left on fabric.
Brief Overview:In this game, you are trying to impress the boss thief by sneaking gems past everyone else. To do this, you put a gem of your choosing into a ball of puddy, but this ball must also roll down a hill and through a small opening in a fence. If successful, you must weigh your ball of puddy against other players who were also successful. The successful player with the largest ball wins the favor of the boss for that round and can try to guess what gem another player is trying to seek out. At the end of the round, everyone gets a marker for their gem (unless the lead player guessed their gem). The first player to get 7 of one type of gem, or 5/5 of the two types is the winner.
|Number of Players||2-4|
|Inclusive (no elimination)||★★★★★|
There is only one version of this game and I cannot think of another game like it.
This is another game that benefits a lot from showing and telling at the same time. First explain how you win, then explain how to get the tokens. Be sure to explain the stink bombs and rolling the dice clearly (probably twice).
Link to YouTube.
Link to Smugglers on Amazon.