Check out this game if: you are looking for a silly good time for a medium size group (focused on kids).
This game stands out because: although there can be a long wait for your turn, it’s fun to watch others on their turn.
1. Downtime doesn’t matter because it’s fun the whole time.
2. It’s fun to pop the balloon and watch the balloon get popped by someone else.
3. The dice adds an element of luck to an already luck based game, and it works well.
4. Young and old can play together because there is no advantage.
5. Set up and take down time is pretty quick.
1. Some people, even grown-ups, do not like popping balloons –at all.
2. It’s fun for about half an hour every other month, not a lot of replayability.
Brief Overview: Once the game is set up, the first player rolls the dice. This player is obligated to pushes any combination of pins into the balloon as long as the number of clicks is equal to the dice roll. If the balloon pops, they lose, if the balloon does not pop, they next player rolls the dice. Play and repeat.
|Number of Players||2-6|
|Inclusive (no elimination)||★☆☆☆☆|
Versions: This is the only version I know about, but there are similar games –notably pie face. Update, there is now a Star Wars Version of this game where you blow up the Death Star. The Star Wars Version has a few more rules and potential teams -lots of fun.
Teaching Advice: Just go first and everyone else should understand very quickly. You may need to patrol the kids a little because they tend to want to either push more or less –but it’s really not a problem because everyone has fun in the end.