Check out this game if: you’re looking for a quick game that involves every player every turn and feels a little strategic.
This game stands out because it has just the right amount of luck and planing. It’s similar to Monopoly in that you typically know what you’d like to roll (and it’s great when you roll it), however, this has the additional level of fun because you can use your opponents dice roll too.
1. Every player can participate on every turn -no down time.
2. Feels interactive with other players.
3. A little luck gives everyone a chance to win.
4. A little strategy makes you feel involved in winning -or losing.
5. No one is eliminated.
6. Games are quick but still feel rewarding.
7. Not competitive -you cannot affect other players score.
1. No theme makes this a hard sell for some.
2. Rules are a little tricky at first -but simple once it clicks.
3. Probably wont be interesting for hundreds of games.
This game is very abstract -just rolling dice to get the most points. You get points by marking off numbers on your score sheet. You mark off numbers by adding two dice from your roll (one white dice and one of the other four colors) on your turn. You may also use the sum of the two white dice at any time (during your turn or your opponents turn).
This may not sound exciting, but you might jump out of your seat when you’re hoping for a 12 and your opponent rolls it for you.
|Number of Players||2-5|
|Inclusive (no elimination)||★★★★★|
There is a dice and card version of this game. There is also a new score card. Both are good, but neither are easily available.
Give everyone a score sheet and show them how, and why, check off numbers. Then show them the dice mechanic -the different colored dice and combinations will just confuse them before they know why they are combining dice.
Link to Video Tutorial.
Link to Qwixx on Amazon.