Check out this game if: you have a pulse -it’s really that much fun for everyone.
This game stands out because it’s one of the best Party/Family games out there and available at most stores that carry board games. Would make a great gift for all ages -if they don’t already have it.
1. There is no pressure to know the correct answer because you can bet on anyone’s answer.
2. No one will be eliminated from the game –you can never lose your two starting tokens.
3. The game is quick, lasting from 15 to 30 mins.
4. This game teaches logic, math, and a little trivia.
5. Plays up to 7 people at once –and with teams it can go even bigger.
6. Plays a wide range of ages. The game suggests 8, but I think even a 6 y/o can handle it. Very fun for adults too.
7.This game is fun.
1. It feels a lot like gambling –and some people might be against that.
All the answers in this game are numbers, and, unless you play with Ken Jennings, most people will not know the exact answers to the questions. At best, you will know the general range of the answer and that’s good enough.
I think it’s a good idea to have one person host the game, but it’s not necessary (someone needs to read the questions, but they can play too).
After the question is read, all players secretly write down their answer on a mini white board. Once everyone is laid down their whiteboard, everyone reveals their answers at the same time. At this point players guess which answer is closest –without going over (price is right style). Everyone gets payed out casino style according to their bets.
|Number of Players||3-7|
|Inclusive (no elimination)||★★★★★|
There are a few different versions of this game. The family version has safer questions, but none have questions I wouldn’t read to a 6 year old. Some versions have different scoring, but all are similar enough.
Link to Video Tutorial.
Link to Wits and Wagers on Amazon.